Thursday, February 28, 2019

Angel de Quinta's Stage Door blog

Reading Angel de Quinta’s STAGE DOOR Blog made me feel a few ways. First, it made me want to watch the new Mary Poppins Movie. I have seen the original when I was young, but I haven’t had the chance to watch the new movie “Mary Poppins Returns”. From what I remember of the old movie, it was a pretty cheery movie with a nanny name Mary Poppins who flies around on her umbrella. Reading Angel de Quinta’s article made me feel like the new movie has different features than the older one.  Angel de Quinta’s talks about how the family is struggling in the new film, which is pretty depressing. It was also a little difficult to understand because I had to google translate the article. In my opinion, Angel de Quinta is a strong writer and was able to make me feel the weariness of the new movie with her words and at times how magical the plot is. I also listened to the YouTube link she had below and the music was very odd to me. It was sad and happy at the same time. I would play this music to help me fall asleep at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flip book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxAx3qns9Ss