Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Lady Gaga's most controversial performances

Watching this videos in class made me think back to when I was in middle school and all of these performances were live on the awards shows. I think Lady Gaga was a big part of growing up for my generation and we didn't even know it. I remember songs like Just Dance and Pokerface being some of my favorite songs. Whenever it came on the radio I would always sing to her songs, but I don't think I ever knew how controversial of a character she was. As a teen, I don't think I realized the impact she was trying to make by her wardrobe and crazy behavior. I wonder if my parents ever thought of censoring her performances from me when I was younger. One of her performance that stood out to me was the 2009 MTV VMAs. I remember watching these as a 10 year old and being grossed out because Lady Gaga covered herself in blood. I'm pretty sure I stopped watching after a few minutes because it was not a very friendly performance for a 10 year old to be watching. All in all, it is interesting to look back at these performances and see how times have changes, and how she as a performer and a celebrity has changed. She still rocks crazy outfits, but now that I can understand the significance of them, they make a whole lot more sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flip book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxAx3qns9Ss